Friday, June 19, 2009

The Musical Journey

my passion towards music is undeniable...especially the classical indian music!.. my interest 2 this field has incorporated in me since i was 5 yrs old..i used to go 4 my tamil classes at that age where at the same venue some 'akkas' (older sisters) will be having their vocal classes and veena practice..veena: indian classical; produces melodious tunes; favourite artist who has become a maestro in working on this instrument: Padmashree Rajesh Vaidhya..


i somehow managed to persuade my parents to send me 4 classes as well and lucky enough they were truly supportive since then throughout my musical journey!..Its not only me with these extra talents..its something attached in my family member's bl00d!...my brothers play the indian drums and i sing...hehehe/...v've practically formed a small classical band in the family..hehehe//..



part of my musical collection..
(from far left: tabla;occuring in pairs, mridangam; 2 standing ones at the back, uduk; the small one, dholak; one with metal rings structure around it; suitable for ghazal music and functions like the tabla; also suitable for the famous indian bhajans; and finally my violin)
i took hours to set these instruments up for a perfect shot...like this..*winx!!



my favourite album by hariharan...an indian singer...famous for his fusions between western music and indian music..best seen in his album..'The Colonial Cousins'


last but not least....my passion towards music further expanded by his world renowned words....(All praises to GOD)

2 comments:

  1. i like some of a.r.rahman's songs too! different...

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah...his music is just one of a kind!!!...

    ReplyDelete